These rules are to be read in conjunction with the Generic Competition Rules
1. This competition is intended for new images only.
Images which have been previously entered in a monthly competition shall not be eligible for entry into another class of the same or subsequent monthly competition except for images that may be entered in the same class in one further subsequent competition subject to:
a) It having been significantly reworked or
b) being converted to mono from colour or vice versa.
Entries which have been entered in this club's Annual Competition previously will not be eligible.
2. There will be several competitions during the Winter Programme (typically eight September to April).
3. There are three classes:
- Large Prints of any size up to 50cm x 40cm
- Small Prints are to be no larger than A4. These can be mounted on any size of mount up to 50cm x 40cm
- Projected images (digital images for projection subject to the maximum number of entries as below)
4. The subject in all classes is open and entries may be monochrome or colour.
5. Print entries should be presented at club nights as indicated on the programme (usually the last Friday in the month).
6. A member may enter up to 5 entries in total across the three classes, with a maximum of three in any one class.
7. Each entry will receive a mark out of 10 and the highest six marks of each competitor from different months in each class will be accumulated over the season. The overall winners will receive a memento at the Annual Presentation Event. In the event of a tie the number of 1st places will be taken into account. If a tie still pertains then the number of 2nd, 3rd places etc. will be taken into account.
8. Entries must be titled on the entry. Names or initials must NOT appear on the entry. Print entries should have the club label (available from the Monthly Competition Secretary) completed and stuck on the back of the mount. DPI entries should be named solely using the image title, WITHOUT the entrant's member number.
9. All entrants must submit their entries to the Monthly Competition Secretary online using the PhotoEntry
Any instructions given on the entry form are part of the rules of entry to the competition.